The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional front line client support by providing Tier 1 technical support through analyzing and troubleshooting technical problems and resolving relatively simple hardware, software, network and connectivity problems via several methods (phone, e-mail, instant message, automated alarms, etc.). The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for service ticket creation and prioritization, basic troubleshooting, resolving open incidents and/or escalation to the Tier 2 technical support staff.
· Identify, research, analyze, diagnose, resolve and close service tickets in a quality and timely manner.
· Escalate irresolvable issues requiring Tier 2 support assistance within prescribed service levels and procedures for problem resolution in matters of greater complexity.
· Troubleshoot technical problems with Local Area Networks & Wide Area Networks.
· Provide Tier 1 support for Cisco unified communications applications such as Call Manager & Unity Connection.
· Engage vendor support for issues requiring product support.
· High School Diploma required; Associates Degree in Information Technology or related, preferred.
· 1+ years of customer service or technical support experience. Technology Services or Managed Service Provider industry experience preferred.
· Possess an understanding of various technology solutions such as network management systems, network connectivity and security, unified communications, and wireless networking.