Duties and Responsibilities:
The Systems Solution Field Engineer must be capable of providing post-sales engineering implementation services for voice, video, data, network/physical security and Unified Communications solutions.
Principle duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide Engineering design, implementation and testing services to Black Box’s current and future customer base for voice, video, data, network / physical security and Unified Communications solutions.
- Contribute to project planning and participate in all project phases (requirement definition, implementation and configuration, user acceptance testing)
- Evaluate potential solutions and systems architecture to ensure that they meet all requirements.
- Provide technical overview of product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, service delivery and integration with enterprise applications.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external clients detailing system designs and configuration of deployed solutions.
- Lead and/or participate in meetings with internal teams, customers, and vendors to review requirements, address open issues/questions, close gaps.
- Proactively assess solution specifications in light of changing customer requirements, and recommend solution changes that optimize value for both Black Box and the client.
- Planning, developing, finalizing, and reviewing key deliverables in each stage of the project life cycle.
- Perform writing responsibilities for technical design and methodology for proposal volumes, white papers and project deliverables as necessary.
- Maintain technical expertise by staying abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends and Federal Agency and Department of Defense standards, directives and policies.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience with Federal Agency and Department of Defense Unified Communications and Network design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Avaya, Cisco, GENBAND, and NEC Unified Communications platforms is desired.
- Knowledge of Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Juniper, etc. data switches and routers is desired.
- Knowledge of VPNs, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention hardware is desired.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and management systems, such as CA Spectrum, Brocade IronView, CiscoWorks, HP OpenView, Sniffer, etc desired.
- Knowledge of Ciena, Fujitsu, Tellabs Passive Optical Networking (PON) and optical transport systems is desired.
- Knowledge of Unified Messaging, Automated Call Distribution, Telephony Firewall, Conference Bridge and Infrastructure design is desired.
- Knowledge in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings from the major Cloud Service Providers (CSP)
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Software Defined Networking (SDN), virtual switches, routers and firewalls, and SDN solutions offered by leading vendors leveraging both OpenFlow and additional support protocols.
- Experience with server and desktop virtualization. Ability to install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere environment: vCenter, hypervisor on new hosts, virtual machines, datastore creation and maintenance.
- Experience with Orchestration leveraging technologies such as Red Hat Open Stack Platform (RHOSP), Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) and Ansible
- Prior experience with Linux scripting.
- Experience with current DoD Information Assurance and Risk Management Framework (RMF) policies, procedures, and techniques.
- Experience with DISA Security Technical Information Guides (STIGs) is a plus Experience with Nessus Scanner (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Desired Certifications: CCIE (Collaboration, Routing & Switching or Data Center), CCDP, BPIPA, VCP, Red Hat, OpenStack, Azure, MCSE or equivalent.