Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- On-site support at client premises performing tasks such as hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, server imaging, deployment, configuration, rebuild and decommissions.
- Physically install, configure and test network assets (i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, network tools & testing devices) in network closets and data center network cabinets.
- Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for network performance issues.
- Ensure the data network and all related equipment are in optimal working condition.
- Perform network closet clean-up, switch port optimization, and survey work as needed.
- Utilize network monitoring software tool during maintenance windows to ensure that all monitored network equipment is functioning in accordance with our clients' standards and SLAs, both before and after changes are made.
- Perform day-to-day field installation, configuration, service, preventive maintenance, and decommission of advanced services such as:
- Install equipment and maintain Distributed Antenna System (DAS), WIFI Systems, wireless router, roof mounted antenna and other infrastructure and technologies to provide wireless communications capabilities across clients’ networks and data computing infrastructure.
- Perform incidental and preventative maintenance on DAS and Wi-Fi equipment.
- Video & Audio-Visual (AV)
- Responsible for setting up audio and video equipment.
- Install in-ceiling/in-wall speakers & controls, assembling equipment racks, mounting projectors & screens, hanging flat panel TV displays, installing AV equipment and smart remote controls.
- Physical Security – CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) and Access Control:
- Install and service CCTV and Access Control.
- Survey and plan wire runs to maximize material efficiency and safety.
- Measure, install, and pull wires through conduits for all circuitry.
- Diagnose install failures and identify necessary repairs.
- Complete work orders for moves, adds, changes (MAC) and deletions, and repairs in one or more product lines.
- Propose and implement hardware and software upgrades that will improve the performance and reliability of the network system.
- Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients.
- Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized resource management in his/ her territory on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.
- Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one’s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one’s job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one’s own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in organization’s success.
Attention to Detail - Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently. Provides accurate, consistent numbers on all paperwork. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it.
Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one’s own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization’s strategic plan.
Work Quality - Provides high quality services, processes, programs and products while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance service. Takes a problem-solving approach when faced with challenging or difficult situations. Work is thorough, timely and reflects follow-through to completion. Responds to requests in a conscientious and timely fashion.