The Network Design and Operations group exists to deliver secure, consistent, and highly available network infrastructures to ensure core corporate and mission IT needs.
The department is currently upgrading capabilities with hardware and network tools to continue to provide optimal and secure IT Business services to the customer
In this position, the Network Intern under the guidance of the network technician will be performing level one troubleshooting and resolving problems using networking tools. Make minor switch configurations changes. Remove/redeploy, sanitize network hardware and remove/install cable infrastructure. Coordinate with desktop support staff for trouble resolution. Document work performed in ITSM ticketing system.
Coordinate with Telecommunication Infrastructure Design staff to resolve issues with wiring and cable installations. Use electronic instruments to isolate, analyze and resolve network malfunctions at the cable and wire level.
The person in this role will work within a technical team of IT professionals to learn how to use electronic instruments to isolate, analyze and resolve network malfunctions. Use remote and local access methods to access the internals of network devices to isolate and resolve malfunctions.
• Actively pursuing a technical degree in IT.
• Ability to prioritize personal work assignments.
• Understands basic testing procedures and how to apply them to project work.
• Ability to learn work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
• Ability to learn and apply configuration management practices