- Generates leads through various sourcing activities including: Cold calling, follow up calls, searching customer databases, internal and external referrals, and networking. Identifies and qualifies opportunities and proactively promotes Black Box within assigned market.
- Responsible for building and managing an active pipeline of new business opportunities through prospecting and lead nurturing and prioritizing resources to build a strong and sustainable opportunity pipeline.
- Make sure all prospective leads are properly captured into Salesforce.com (SF) and receive the appropriate levels of attention.
- Ensure relationships with customers are well managed and that future customer requirements are understood and responded to effectively, managing priorities as needed. Anticipate customer business drivers and requirements to proactively deliver updates and responses
- Works closely with other team members and departments for support in responding to customer needs and to facilitate a smooth transition throughout the internal sales and implementation processes. May support and work closely with Account Managers and Sales Engineers within a business group.
- Develops new and existing accounts through effective solution selling; implements sales strategy from opening presentation and bidding through closing.
- Maintains awareness of gross profit, margin and related financial objectives to ensure achievement of assigned quota and company objectives.
- Maintains a high volume of customer touches and meets or exceeds call time expectations.
- Responsible for providing weekly forecast updates on SF opportunity funnel to Sales Operations Team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Excellent communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to stay current with market/industry dynamics
- Knowledge of data communications products and services
- Ability to identify and analyze customers’ business needs
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize required software and system applications
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.