Business Development Director:
The Business Development Director will execute our strategic vision for Managed Edge Services by providing client facing thought leadership and subject matter expertise to expand our managed services (outsourcing) engagements & scope with key clients & strategic prospects. Ideal candidates will leverage industry best practices, enable business transformation and co-develop new solution and service offerings with Black Box clients. The Business Development (BD) Director will be expected to retain and increase BBox Managed Service (MS) revenue & structure new term agreements with existing & new clients.
Expectations for the candidate include achieving MS Quota targets including Revenue, Gross Margin & Contract Bookings. This strategic role includes guiding & collaborating with Commercial Services Account & Sales Managers, Solution Consultants & Architects across all levels and departments of the organization to execute established Managed Service business unit performance and company objectives.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Demonstrates an understanding of the link between the Director’s responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs with team & company goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of the individual contributor to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization. Takes personal ownership in client & organizational success.
Results Focused with a proven history of surpassing quota’s & performance expectations, shows a passion for driving client business results with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support the business unit & BBox strategic plans.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Strong preference candidates with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- Minimum of 15 years with increasing Sales & Management responsibilities for Managed Services, Business Development & Outsourcing.
- Preferred industry knowledge includes: Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare or Tech.
- Demonstrated ability to identify client desired business outcomes, secure executive relationships & sponsorship with MS clients & prospects.
- Excellent management skills; ability to motivate virtual team to achieve joint results; ability to influence and inspire action through client experience and aligned outcomes.
- Understands how change affects clients & team members, and utilizes strategies to reduce perceived risk to their organization.
- Ability to work effectively across all functional groups to help sell & develop repeatable Managed Service offerings, co-create a seamless client experience and help resolve issues.
- Strong problem solving skills to effectively influence strategic & transformational client decisions.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook. An understanding of SharePoint, ERP, service delivery management such as Service Now, ITIL and cloud delivery systems.
What’s in it for You?
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 3,000 team members. Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal, State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.