Tyto Athene (formerly Black Box Government Solutions) is a full service integrator focused on helping clients accelerate their ability to make decisions by providing ubiquitous and secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a myriad of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for its clients worldwide.
In this position, the MicroStation Drafter (MS-D) will report directly to the Project Manager (PM). The following duties are typical but not-all inclusive:
- Prepare complex drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs for telecommunications projects using computer-aided design software. Drawings to be based on detailed sketches and redline markups provided by designers and engineers.
- Under minimal direction, maintain current project documentation, records of capacity and capability for the inside & outside cable plant and assist in planning future expansions
- Ensure that deliverables are accurate and compliant with industry and Department of Energy drafting standards and specifications as well as Black Box Network Services Quality Assurance standards. Demonstrate personal accuracy and support continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Perform fieldwork, documentation, research and drafting tasks of engineering data as requested by managers
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize duplication of effort and errors.
- Continue to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain up to date working and technical knowledge of all procedural and improvement changes to computer hardware and software applications
- Develop and implement cable management database
- Track databases to verify accuracy
- Assign cable names and track cable resources
- Consolidate other sources of cable documentation into one formal database
- Create and coordinate projects to allocate or retrieve resources
- Develop, implement, and maintain deliverable and drawing production, revision and system backup procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned and necessary
- Contribute to process development and improvement