Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Serves as Technical Advisor to Tyto Athene senior management on all areas of VoIP Information Systems Security as well as recommending courses of action and policies to senior management that allows DOE Oakridge to securely meet its organizational goals and provide engineering and compliance support to the Department of Energy Oak Ridge Reservation.
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge of Federal legislation, regulation, policies, and practices related to VoIP information systems security.
- Provide VoIP Information Assurance (IA) and Information Security (IS) best security practices as well as audit and remediation of existing VoIP security practices.
- Maintain operational security posture for the existing telecommunications infrastructure to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
- Conduct security assessments to ensure adherence to customer specific security policies, procedures and industry standards.
- Develop risk mitigation programs, action plans and budgets to address the risks identified during VoIP Information Assurance (IA) and Information Security (IS) assessments and audits.
- Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
ISSO Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ Years’ Experience in implementing Cyber Security Plans for VoIP systems IAW applicable NIST and DOE documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science discipline or 3 years or greater direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Current Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Experience reviewing/applying Government Information Assurance Information Security (IS) policies.
- Experience with Department of Energy policies, processes and procedures.
ISSO Required Qualifications:
- CompTIA Security+ or CCNA-Security Certification or able to obtain within 6 months of hiring
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science discipline or 3 years or greater direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Engineer
- Advanced programming and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager product line at the Department of Energy (DoE) Oak Ridge, TN location. Including database provisioning, application provisioning and routing provisioning.
- Coordinating, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1 PRI, SIP and DS0)
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems
- Composing clear and concise reports for customer documentation and project related documentation.
Cisco Preferred Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Systems or Business discipline or 3 years or greater direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in programming and maintenance of Cisco CUCM and subtending systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice switch infrastructure experience including switching, routing, Quality of Service, digital communications including: DS1, DS3, Fiber, PRI/ISDN; Cisco products consisting of Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Call Center, Presence, Telepresence and Unity or Unity Connections.
- Strong knowledge of Linux is required.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and word processing are required.
Cisco Required Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of IP Subnetting, QoS and IPV4/IPV6 model is required
- Strong knowledge of routers and switches is required
- Current CCNA and/or CCNP certification in Collaboration, Routing and Switching or Security or the knowledge to pass the CCNA Collaboration Certification within 1 year of hiring.
Avaya, ISSO and Cisco Required Qualifications:
- Capable of working effectively with co-workers and fulfill customer requests.
- Familiarity with Main Communication Facilities, Data Switches and Routers, and related Power and HVAC requirements
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work as required
- Additional work hours beyond normal duty hours may be necessary, at times, to complete the weekly workload based upon the discretion of the supervisor.
- On-call availability during off-hours in the event of service problems with the system.
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate and present complex technical information to a varied audience, including technical and non-technical customer representatives.
- Effective time management to allow for involvement in special task order projects as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled
- Fostering of excellent relations with the Customer and the Team on behalf of Tyto.
- Follow established guidelines set forth by the Customer, Tyto, and the supervisor for conduct and work performance.
- Isolate system problems and malfunctions; take timely corrective action to meet conditions of the contract.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Ability to work flexible/extended hours and possibly holidays is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- The ability to pass a background check and obtain a Department of Energy security clearance is required.